Most people tend to be nice and want to be liked by others which in some cases could not be very helpful. If we want to improve our projects we have to require more critical opinions and even to ask people to be brutally honest. That is the only way to look more objective on whatever we are doing, to leverage our creative thinking and build awesome products – usable and functional for its audience.
In that matter, it is essential to understand what usability means and how to apply the core principles of user experience. That is the major reason why Themoove was created.
What is usability ?
Usability is a quality attribute that assesses how easy user interfaces are to use. The word “usability” also refers to methods for improving ease-of-use during the design process.
Usability is defined by 5 quality components:
- Learnability: How easy is it for users to accomplish basic tasks the first time they encounter the design?
- Efficiency: Once users have learned the design, how quickly can they perform tasks?
- Memorability: When users return to the design after a period of not using it, how easily can they reestablish proficiency?
- Errors: How many errors do users make, how severe are these errors, and how easily can they recover from the errors?
- Satisfaction: How pleasant is it to use the design?
There are many other important quality attributes. A key one is utility, which refers to the design’s functionality: Does it do what users need?
Usability and utility are equally important and together determine whether something is useful: It matters little that something is easy if it’s not what you want. It’s also no good if the system can hypothetically do what you want, but you can’t make it happen because the user interface is too difficult. To study a design’s utility, you can use the same user research methods that improve usability.
- Definition of Utility = whether it provides the features you need.
- Definition of Usability = how easy & pleasant these features are to use.
- Definition of Useful = usability + utility.
Learn more about
What is the problem with most websites?
Every user has different current experience (what users already know) – usually, users are completely unaware the design is helping them to complete their goals on a website. The user is being trained, but in a way that seems natural.
Most websites today have a lot of usability problems that rise questions like:
- Do the users know what to do in the UI?
- Can the users do what they want to do?
- Do they feel they have achieved something when action is completed?
On the internet, the competition is always ONE CLICK away, so if you frustrate the users, they will simply leave your website and go somewhere else. (Except if they don’t have another choice, which is very rare these days)
How Themooove helps to solve this problem?
The project will help any team to understand what users think about their project (e.g. website), how do they behave while browsing a website, how do they interact with a website, what do they like and what do not, and where they struggle.
What to expect when you create an account:
-You can test how usable and functional is a website.
-You can give your feedback, ideas, solutions or to open issues to every website on the web.
-You can solve a problem that a website has and help them to improve their website.
It is all about the EXPERIENCE that people have on the web and their feedback is critically important! While observing all solutions, ideas and advice given by users, you will be able to improve your project and serve the best version of it. We believe it is extremely important to do updates very often if we want to grow as human nature and follow all trends on the web that are moving forward so quickly. Jump to Themoove and explore its possibilities: